Sunday, February 11, 2007

First Date


I can't believe that my oldest daughter had her first date! Thankfully it was with her father. She just melted my heart in her anticipation of the big event. The count down has been going on for the past couple of days and when she woke up yesterday it was, "tonight is my date". Of course we had to get ready for the big date - paint our finger nails, curl our hair and put on a favorite dress. The date included dinner at one of her favorite restaurants - Wendy's followed by the Valentine's dance at church. Apparently she was soaking it all in - the music, decorations and lights! Daddy and daughter danced the night away (well at least until 8:40) which was way passed her bed time. Me, being the Mom, couldn't wait for them to get home so I could hear all the details!

2 comments:

denhartigh said...

So adorable! I love it.

Brenda said...

OH MY WORD...that made me tear up. I can't wait for Joel to take Emma on a 'date' :)