Sunday, October 7, 2007

Simple Blessings


This past weekend I went to the Simple Blessings Retreat center for a scrapbooking time away. Let me just say, "it was great!!" I got so much done and I'm almost caught up. For those who do any type of scrapbooking they know what it means when I say, "almost caught up". I know several people who scrapbook and have different philosophies on it. For me, when I think about what worldly possessions that I have or the "if we ever have a fire - what would I get out of the house after family members?" I would have to say it would be my scrapbooks. This is my best record of life and my family. Of course, I think the pages and pictures are beautiful, but it is so much more - a diary, record of life, my story. I couldn't wait to get home and show my girls what Mommy had been up to all weekend. They love looking at the pictures and "hearing" the stories over and over again. For those of you who don't scrapbook I encourage you to find some way to share your life (in story) with those you love. Wow, I can't believe how deep I am getting.


On another note, here is the recipe for the Oatmeal - Raspberry pancakes. (I can't take credit for them):

2 c. rolled oats

1 c. buttermilk

2 c. flour

1/4 c. sugar

1 t. baking soda

1 t. baking powder

1/2 t. salt

3 large eggs

1 to 1 1/2 c. milk

1 t. vanilla

1 c. fresh raspberries (or frozen - thawed and patted dry)

In a bowl, mix oats & buttermilk; let stand 15 to 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, whish eggs, milk and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour and oat mixtures just until evenly moistened. Add more buttermilk if batter seems thick. Gently fold in raspberries.

Place on non-stick griddle. Makes approx. 16 to 18 pancakes

No comments: