Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gift Giving


Over the past few days I have been taking things "easy" as my knee gets back to normal. Monday I started back to teaching, which I am very thankful is part time, so I can come home and "rest" during the afternoon hours.

One of my sweet neighbors found out that I had surgery so she volunteered to watch my youngest daughter for an afternoon! That is no easy task. It is just so wonderful to live in a neighborhood and have friends who can help you out in a pinch.

This makes me think of the morning I woke up and my "water broke" with my youngest daughter. We called upon our neighbors at 6:00 AM to take care of our oldest daughter. Again, so thankful for friends that can help out.

With this in mind, today I was able to drop off some homemade peach jam and a tray of frozen apple crisp to my neighbor who watched my daughter last week. It was great that I had these things on hand - with the mindset to use as a gift or for a time of need. Food always seems to make the perfect gift!

No comments: