Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!!




Merry Christmas!

Are you ready? I had every intention on being on "top of things" this year. Didn't happen. I was going to wrap presents as I bought them, and have our Christmas cards sent out a couple of weeks ago. I also wanted to make a number of homemade gifts - this didn't happen. All of this was to be part of my plan of "simplifying Christmas".

After a hard week at school, I picked up my daughters and headed to the grocery store. I knew I was stressed, but I didn't know how it impacted my family. A nice grandmotherly type woman was behind us in the checkout and she asked my girls if they were ready for Christmas. My five year old replies, "We are ready for Christmas, but our Mommy isn't!" Where did they get this from?

Well here is my "sermon". Enjoy Christmas! Think about the baby Jesus being born in Bethlehem (without all the comforts, lights, gift giving, etc.). Jesus truly is the reason and the greatest gift!! So slow down, play a game with your family, listen to the Christmas music, enjoy the beauty of the decorations, and quiet your hearts for the Christ Child.

Merry Christmas to all!!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Hi Kim - I always love the Christmas card and family newsletter - someone in your household is very creative!! Anyway, you prompted me to start my own blog - don't know how I will find the time to update it, but I'll try. Seems like an easy, fun way to keep in touch. Check it out when you can, http://alloccasionschocolate.blogspot.com/