Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Girl's Night Out (Or In)!


Last Saturday night was the annual Father Daughter Dance at church, and this year both my girls got to go! What a fun evening for them to get dressed up and go on a date with Daddy. This meant I had the evening to myself - so what is a Mommy to do? I picked up a chick flick from the video store, ordered some Chinese food and headed home to view my movie. Once PJ's were sported, plate of food ready, I headed downstairs to watch the movie. What a great evening of relaxing and being at home by myself.

Of course, I was excited for the girls to get home (especially since the weather was miserable), and hear all about the evening. One girl (the oldest) was so tired and wanted to go straight to bed, while the youngest talked on and on. My husband did tell me that the evening ended with Steven Curtis Chapman's new song about "Dancing with Cinderella". I just heard the song for the first time last week and let's just say it can bring a tear to your eye.

Here is the pre-date picture.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Aww...so cute! I can't wait until Joel can do this w/ Emma.

Bradi said...

super cute!